Monday, April 6, 2009

NEW Paramore album in 2009

Lead Singer Hayley Williams has told MTV News that Paramore has begun work on their follow-up to 2007’s “Riot!”. 

She says fans can expect the album sometime in early 2009, and she’s “psyched” to see what kind of direction it takes. 

"Lyrically, I think everyone knows by this time our band has been through a lot of ups and downs," said Hayley. "The past six months have just been ridiculous! Like, personally and professionally, things that we never thought we'd go through, we're experiencing and learning from. And just growing up in general. I think you'll hear a lot of those types of themes. A lot of stuff about friends and relationships, like always." 
 

"I'm excited to see where it goes," she adds. "Once I'm home and once we're all writing together and not playing shows all the time, I think things will start pouring out that I didn't really know existed. And I'm psyched to see where it goes." 

In February of this year, the band cancelled a handful of shows citing “personal issues”. This led to fan speculation of a possible break-up, but those rumors proved to be false.


Report by David Lowe-Bianco.

0 comments: